W A I V E R & R E L E A S E S T A T E M E N T
You must read this carefully before agreeing to this waiver
I/We do hereby agree to the exclusion of liability to organisers of the Trust House cycling series, Event Directors, officers, sponsors, volunteer groups, or individuals from all claims for injuries and or damage however caused (whether fatal or otherwise) I/We may suffer out of the participation in this event. I also release and forever discharge the above groups from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses, damages, penalties and fines however arising (including negligence). I/We agree to comply with the rules of this event. I/We state that I/We intend competing entirely at my/our own risk.
By entering this event, I agree not to do anything that will bring the Trust House North Island Series name into disrepute, make any comments via social media or other that may damage or diminish the goodwill or reputation of the event, other participants or organisers.
I acknowledge that if I or any member of my team fail(s) to return my/their timing transponder(s), I agree to pay $50.00 for each and every transponder not returned.
Safety - You must read all safety information.
• All entrants must attend the pre-race briefing.
• All entrants must wear a NZ Standards Approved bicycle helmet at all times during the event.
• During the event St Johns event service vehicles will be on the course to administer first aid, attend to situations that arise, and provide emergency transport.
•The event takes place entirely on public roads, and although traffic management and/or restrictions are in force at intersections and other parts of the course, competitors must at all times assume that all roads are open to traffic in both directions
• You must obey all road rules and directions of event officials and police at all times.
• Roads are narrow and you must keep left at all times.
• Organisers reserve the right to alter the advertised course if conditions warrant.
• Organisers reserve the right to void any entry and/or disqualify any entrant who breaks race rules, fails to sign waiver or brings the event into disrepute.
I acknowledge that in the interests of safety, organisers will disqualify any rider who rides over the centre line.
Waiver - You must read this carefully before agreeing to the Waiver.
- I/We accept that road cycling involves risk and acknowledge I/we enter at my/our own risk.
- I/We have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely.
- I/We accept that the event cycles on public roads and that I/we will share the road with other users.
- I/We agree to follow the set course and abide by legal road rules, event signage and the directions of event officials and police at all times.
- I/We understand that it is compulsory to attend the Pre-Race Briefing.
- I/We hereby consent to receive medical treatment in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the event.
- I/We accept that if the event is cancelled I/we will not be given a refund.
- I/We agree that organisers and sponsors of this event may use any information given to the organisers for purposes connected with the event and to provide me/us with details of other products, services and events.
- I/We agree to allow any photographic, film or audio likeness to be used by the organisers, sponsors and/or assignees at no cost.
- I/We will not hold organisers, officials, sponsors and/or any person involved with the event liable for any loss or injury to person or equipment.
- I/We agree to take responsibility for my/our own actions and will not take any legal proceedings (whether by myself, or by my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin and/or successors) for any matter against the following person or entities: Trust House Cycling Series, land managers and/or owners, event sponsors, event organizers, volunteers, all cities, towns, regions, districts, properties and/or other areas in which the event may be staged, and their (its) representatives, respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and volunteers.
- I realise that I may be disqualified and pulled from the event if I am not abiding by these rules.
- I am at least fifteen (15) years old on race day. If I have entered and under 18 years of age, my terms and conditions have been signed by my Parent or Guardian.
- I understand that I am not to wear earphones while in the race. (race radios excluded)
- I understand that I am not to have Aero Bars attached to my bike while racing.
- I understand that any form of littering during the event may lead to my disqualification from the event.
- I/We agree and confirm that I/we have read, understand and accept all information, rules and waivers as provided on the event entry form and website, and that I/we will abide by the event organisers decisions at all times.