The event recognizes the impact that COVID-19 has had on the country and in this case, the events industry.
While the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and transmission in the community is very low, the event acknowledges that COVID-19 is still uncontrolled overseas and as such we should not be complacent given COVID-19 can still spread quickly if it re-emerges.
The event will adopt the ‘New Events Sector Voluntary Code’ to deliver the event following best practice expectations based on the Ministry of Health guidance.
Below outlines the key measures which will be implemented to support the code:
• Contact Tracing
- The event participants are required to pre event with their contact details. The event is able to contact.
- Team Managers must also register their details prior to the event.
- Please ensure that you and your supporters use the contact tracing available at the event over the weekend! You can sign in manually through the form at the race office
The following message is send to staff, volunteers, contractors and participants prior to the event regarding the expectations of their behavior during the event:
• If you’re sick, stay home. Please do not turn up at the event.
• If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested.
• Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
• Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
• If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
• If you’re concerned about your wellbeing or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
• People will have had different experiences over the last couple of months. Whatever you’re feeling — it’s okay. Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.
• For more information, click here